Wednesday, January 18, 2012

NEWSIC: Daughter




Meet Daughter, the young four member group hailing from the UK. Built around the vocal talents of Elena Tonra, the group released two EPs in 2011 including The Wild Youth. A quick look at their Bandcamp helps me notice their use of the Omnichord, and considering my favorite band My Morning Jacket is the only other group I know to use the instrument, I am immediately engaged. They have a dark, moody sound reminiscent to that of the xx and soothing vibes from their guitar work gives a similar feeling to that of Jose Gonzalez. On "Youth" (see below), Tonra's voice is very close to that of Regina Spektor's and the tranquil guitar work backed with a soft percussion perfectly accentuates her vocals. The whole EP is pretty in every way and certainly worth a download. 



No comments:

Post a Comment